My intentions of this blog are to of course showcase my talents but also to encourage others to bake! I want to show people that you do not have to attend a culinary arts school (if you do, that is obviously great!) to be successful in the baking business. You do not need super expensive equipment or a large oven to get wonderful and professional looking results. I have been in this business for a few years and I have learned so much without taking one class! And I want to share with you what I have learned.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Temple University Graduation Cake & Cupcakes

I graduated from Temple University on May 10, 2012 and figured; Hey I'm a baker why not make my own cake and cupcakes! So here is what I came up with!
 I made a round 8" cake with the Temple logo (I couldn't get a pic before my greedy little sis cut a slice). This is a cake covered in Duff Goldman fondant (this brand is a little pricy but has great taste) and vanilla icing.
And I custom made the Temple T cupcake picks, using my handy dandy computer printer, stick glue and toothpicks. The "Congrats Grad", Graduation hat picks and cupcake liners were purchased from party city. I also used black and red crystals on the cupcakes as well as red edible spray (which you see on the cupcake above). I really enjoyed making them!!

4 comments:

  1. You are amazing!!! Sooo proud to say I KNOW YOU! I have faith that your business will prosper!! Keep on PRESSING on!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I really appreciate your kind words. I am so lucky to have a supporter like you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Are you still in the area. Tis graduation season @ Temple again! :) Are you willing to do a similar design for this week?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. I apologize for ym VERY late response! I am still located in Philadelphia so if you need anything else please let me know.

      Delete

There was an error in this gadget