My intentions of this blog are to of course showcase my talents but also to encourage others to bake! I want to show people that you do not have to attend a culinary arts school (if you do, that is obviously great!) to be successful in the baking business. You do not need super expensive equipment or a large oven to get wonderful and professional looking results. I have been in this business for a few years and I have learned so much without taking one class! And I want to share with you what I have learned.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

4th of July Cupcakes!!!

So Independence Day has rolled around again and it's one of my favorite holidays! That's partly because my birthday follows 6 days after the holiday AND no city celebrates Independence Day like my city does, Philadelphia!!! So of course I made some cupcakes to celebrate and here they are!
 These cupcakes were super simple and fun to make (no fondant here...lol!!!) I used some left over buttercream that I had in the fridge and colored small cups of it red and blue, the rest was left white. I purchased those cute liners and the star sprinkles to go with them at Fante's kitchen. I just let my creative juices flow with these and they turned out great!
 I posted a picture of these cupcakes separately because I wanted to discuss the technique that I used to make these. It's called Lining and it's pretty cool! What I did was take a parchment bag and painted 4 long stripes, 2 red and 2 blue, inside of the bag. I then filled the bag with white icing and when squeezed out, the gel coloring lightly mixes with the icing for this effect. It's so cool and easy to do and gives a wonderful looking product. I am going to try other colors for other holidays and I know that it will turn out great!
  And I just thought that my firework and American flag were pretty damn cute too...lol :). Have a Happy 4th of July and make sure you eat all of the cupcakes you can!






No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget