My intentions of this blog are to of course showcase my talents but also to encourage others to bake! I want to show people that you do not have to attend a culinary arts school (if you do, that is obviously great!) to be successful in the baking business. You do not need super expensive equipment or a large oven to get wonderful and professional looking results. I have been in this business for a few years and I have learned so much without taking one class! And I want to share with you what I have learned.

Search This Blog

Monday, July 2, 2012

Basketball Cupcakes

Check these out! I have a little cousin who turned 11 in June and wanted to make him some special cupcakes. His mom told me that he is really into basketball and she named off a few teams. But in a matter of hours I forgot who the heck she said (I know much to nothing about sports by the way). So I said "Shoot, what can I make that's basketball related and awesome for a pre-teen?". And here was my solution.
 Pretty simple right? Yeah, and don't forget to mention awesome!! I made 9 cupcakes and put giant icing swirls on top, which I then dipped in black crystal icing. It really helped that I had some neon colored orange and white fondant in my cabinet so I took my circle cutters and cut out 9 large circles and 3 mini ones. Next I took the end of my thin brush handle and pressed holes in the orange circles to create that basketball effect. I used edible gel coloring to physically draw on the basketball lines, the "Air Jordan" figurines and the happy birthday writing. These took me about 15-20 minutes to decorate with less than 10 supplies and it turned out so cute and he loved them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget