My intentions of this blog are to of course showcase my talents but also to encourage others to bake! I want to show people that you do not have to attend a culinary arts school (if you do, that is obviously great!) to be successful in the baking business. You do not need super expensive equipment or a large oven to get wonderful and professional looking results. I have been in this business for a few years and I have learned so much without taking one class! And I want to share with you what I have learned.

Search This Blog

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Beach/Luau Cupcakes

Aloha! It is summertime, the best time of the year! Everybody is visiting the beach and/or throwing pool parties with a Luau theme and how appropriate. So, I made some cupcakes to go along with that. These were actually for a little girl's 1st birthday. I made a total of 24 but only have 7 pictured here (the others were the same, some just have different colors). These were pretty simple to make, it just took me a little time to figure out what designs I would do. To make these cupcakes, here are some of the things that I did.

1. The sand is made of crunched graham cracker.  You can also use brown sugar to make sand but I must warn you that it will be very sweet.
2. I colored some icing blue for the 2 toned shoreline look on some of the cupcakes.
3. I used different color beach umbrellas, found at the dollar store.
4. The sea shell is actually a kiddie ring, I used 2 other types of shell rings, that I purchased at a cupcake shop.
5. Both the flip flops and palm trees are cupcakes picks purchased at a cupcake shop.
6. The lei is made of flower shaped jimmies that I actually purchased from the supermarket.
7. And I of course wrote the words "Aloha" on some of the cupcakes with icing and added some flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget