My intentions of this blog are to of course showcase my talents but also to encourage others to bake! I want to show people that you do not have to attend a culinary arts school (if you do, that is obviously great!) to be successful in the baking business. You do not need super expensive equipment or a large oven to get wonderful and professional looking results. I have been in this business for a few years and I have learned so much without taking one class! And I want to share with you what I have learned.
Thursday, July 12, 2012
1. The sand is made of crunched graham cracker. You can also use brown sugar to make sand but I must warn you that it will be very sweet.
2. I colored some icing blue for the 2 toned shoreline look on some of the cupcakes.
3. I used different color beach umbrellas, found at the dollar store.
4. The sea shell is actually a kiddie ring, I used 2 other types of shell rings, that I purchased at a cupcake shop.
5. Both the flip flops and palm trees are cupcakes picks purchased at a cupcake shop.
6. The lei is made of flower shaped jimmies that I actually purchased from the supermarket.
7. And I of course wrote the words "Aloha" on some of the cupcakes with icing and added some flowers.