My intentions of this blog are to of course showcase my talents but also to encourage others to bake! I want to show people that you do not have to attend a culinary arts school (if you do, that is obviously great!) to be successful in the baking business. You do not need super expensive equipment or a large oven to get wonderful and professional looking results. I have been in this business for a few years and I have learned so much without taking one class! And I want to share with you what I have learned.

Search This Blog

Monday, July 2, 2012

Football Themed Graduation Cake

So I have another little cousin, yeah I have a few of them, who graduated from middle school last month and asked me to make him a cake. He did not have a specific design in mind so I had to come up with one on my own. Well, what does he like??? He loves football and playing Madden on the X-Box. So my first thought was to make a cake shaped like a game controller or a replica of an X-Box but I really didn't feel like doing all of that....lol. So I found out what his favorite football team is, The Jets, and came up with the idea of making a football field cake and adding a graduation cap to the cake.
This cake is a half sheet cake and it's one of those thin cakes, I really didn't feel like making a thick cake (don't worry, I would have done it for money...lol). I iced it in green buttercream and made the yard lines of white fondant. I made the Jets logo with green and white fondant and white buttercream icing. In the two touchdown areas I wrote "Congrats Keon" and "Class of 2012". I also had to mark the yard lines and found that cute little grad cap and diploma to add to the cake. My little sister thought it would be a cute idea to add field goals to the cake so I let her make some out of straws and add them to the cake...lol. We all liked it and enjoyed eating it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget