My intentions of this blog are to of course showcase my talents but also to encourage others to bake! I want to show people that you do not have to attend a culinary arts school (if you do, that is obviously great!) to be successful in the baking business. You do not need super expensive equipment or a large oven to get wonderful and professional looking results. I have been in this business for a few years and I have learned so much without taking one class! And I want to share with you what I have learned.

Search This Blog

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Cupcake Cakes!!!

Whoa, I haven't posted a blog in over a month maybe (I'm not sure) so please forgive me! I've been working, going to weddings and working on my own wedding plans (which is in 5 months). But anyways, today I am blogging about my newly found love, Cupcake Cakes! This is something that I picked up interest in within these past summer months and I love it. Having a cake that you don't have to cut slices of at a birthday party is pretty awesome, less messy and it just looks really cool. So far I've done 2 designs and I am going to explain them to you below. I am going to create a new post with instructions for these types of projects.
 I did this Scary Snake Cupcake Cake for a young man's 8th birthday. I was told that he wanted a snake and that he wanted it to look scary so this is what I came up with. This is constructed of 40 vanilla and chocolate mini cupcakes with buttercream icing. I decided to add teeth and a tongue made of fondant for a more realistic and scarier look!
This was also for an 8th birthday. I made this for my little cousin. I decided to do a poodle because she purchased a walking poodle toy for her birthday and it was all that she could talk about at the moment. This is constructed of about 24 regular sized vanilla cupcakes and also has buttercream icing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget