My intentions of this blog are to of course showcase my talents but also to encourage others to bake! I want to show people that you do not have to attend a culinary arts school (if you do, that is obviously great!) to be successful in the baking business. You do not need super expensive equipment or a large oven to get wonderful and professional looking results. I have been in this business for a few years and I have learned so much without taking one class! And I want to share with you what I have learned.

Search This Blog

Monday, January 21, 2013

Pregnant Belly Cake

 I have always seen these cakes and thought they were soooo cute! And of course when someone asked me to make one I jumped on the offer. I had never done one before and quickly turned to my friend that never lets me down....the internet! I found a bunch of resources, figured out what would work for me and went from there. I had to purchase a soccer ball pan as well as a small ball cake kit (baseballs, basketballs, etc.), both I purchased at AC Moore.The ball kit comes with 2 small round pans, which I used for the breast. You can also purchase mini Wonder mold pans for this but I couldn't find any fast enough.And I of course used the soccer ball for the belly. Once baked, I covered the cakes in buttercream and then in fondant.The fondant draping was sooooo easy (I usually have a difficult time with it)! I covered the breast and belly separately and was able to cover the separation with the black strip of fondant that you see above. detail on this cake was pretty simple, just polka dots and flowers! I think it tuned out great and the customer was satisfied as well!

2 comments:

  1. Pregnant belly cakes are SOOOOO COOL to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget