My intentions of this blog are to of course showcase my talents but also to encourage others to bake! I want to show people that you do not have to attend a culinary arts school (if you do, that is obviously great!) to be successful in the baking business. You do not need super expensive equipment or a large oven to get wonderful and professional looking results. I have been in this business for a few years and I have learned so much without taking one class! And I want to share with you what I have learned.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Elephant Baby Shower Cake

This cake goes along with the Pink & Purple pregnant belly cake that I made below. The customer ordered two cakes for the special occasion!!! This is an 8 inch round cake covered in fondant and decorated with two beautiful hand crafted elephants, fondant flowers and hand painted circles. I looked at a picture of elephants and used a knife to carve the fondant images but alas I have found and easier way to do this (for next time...lol). I will share that technique on another blog post. This was a cute little cake that took no longer than an hour to decorate and the customers really enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget