My intentions of this blog are to of course showcase my talents but also to encourage others to bake! I want to show people that you do not have to attend a culinary arts school (if you do, that is obviously great!) to be successful in the baking business. You do not need super expensive equipment or a large oven to get wonderful and professional looking results. I have been in this business for a few years and I have learned so much without taking one class! And I want to share with you what I have learned.

Search This Blog

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Frozen Cakes!

I have been MIA from my blog for a while. I was just being bring a mommy I think...lol. I've been baking the entire time as well so I have so much to share. Where shall I begin?? Well let me start off with one of the most popular themes in the world right now, FROZEN!!! I have done 3 different Frozen cakes this year and 2 Frozen themed cupcake cakes! All of the little girls in the world love Frozen, including my 3 year old sister so I am very familiar with the movie, it's characters and songs. If you don't know Frozen or the song "Let It Go" then you must live under a rock...lol. Let me get to the goods. Here they are below with an explanation under each cake.

 This is by far my favorite Frozen cake that I've made thus far! As you may know, the color palette for any Frozen themed cake or party should be blue, white and purple so you will see those colors in all of my creations. This is a pound cake covered in buttercream icing and decorated with piped buttercream scrolls and fondant snowflakes. The number 3 and snowflakes on top are also decorated using fondant. I stuck them on some very thin flower wire and added them to the cake for a cool 3-D look! This Queen Elsa figurine was purchased at Five and Below for a whopping $2.00! I also purchased Anna and Olaf figurines as well that I have yet to use!

 This was my first Frozen cake this year. This figurine was purchased at Toys R' Us for about $7.00. She came with a change of outfit, which was blue and purple but I decided to use this dress because I thought it was prettier. I stuck with just blue and white for this cake which is decorated in buttercream scrolls and dots and also with fondant snowflakes and white edible pearls. I also added some white crystal sprinkles to create the illusion of snow!

 This 8th birthday cake is very similar to the cake directly above it! It just features the other Five and Below Queen Elsa figurine. I used the exact same techniques except I used a white, light blue and dark blue color palette.

Here is a number 6 Frozen themed cupcake cake! Here is the same color palette; blue, white and purple. The customer wanted both Anna and Elsa on the cake so I hand carved these faces out of fondant, which I am pretty good at. I always freehand my fondant decorations (characters) by looking at a picture and carving. The snowflakes were created using a flower shape cutter.

And here is another one of my favorites! An Olaf number 8 cupcake cake. I used blue and white buttercream here. Olaf's face is carved from white fondant and the snowflakes are light blue fondant. I also added blue, white and silver edible pearls to cake as well.


And there you have it, my Frozen 2014 creations! I am sure that there will be more creations in 2015. Frozen doesn't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon...lol. Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget